You will need to arrange several things before you go away on holiday:
- Replace any broken window and door fittings before you go on holiday.
- Use products that comply with the Police Hallmark for Safe Homes and have a SKG® logo (Façade Construction Quality Foundation).
- Close windows and doors properly.
- Do not leave keys on the inside of windows or doors.
- Do not leave money, jewellery or valuable documents behind.
- Do not lock internal doors and cupboards; this will prevent additional damage.
- Ask somebody to empty your letterbox.
- Make sure that your home does not look 'abandoned'.