About Home Security
At Allegion, we help keep people safe and secure where they live, work and visit. With more than 25 brands sold in almost 130 countries across the globe, we specialize in security around the doorway and beyond: everything from residential and commercial locks, door closer and exit devices, steel doors and frames to access control and workforce productivity systems. At the core of our $2 billion business is the knowledge and experience of the 9,000 dedicated employees behind our brands. We help our customers navigate their toughest security challenges, and we help builders and property owners differentiate themselves by providing innovative and secure solutions. Enterprise excellence is a key part of what we do for our customers and is a focus for our employees. Our trained specification writers and experts not only help our customers adhere to codes and standards – we help advocate for and raise those security standards in the first place, in markets around the world.
About Global Portable Security (GPS)
GPS is a business unit within Allegion that was created to bring together the acquisitions of AXA and Trelock with the Kryptonite brand to maximize the potential of these three leading bicycle lock and light brands around the world. In addition to mobile security, the AXA brand also provides security for homes and buildings in the form of hinges, window releases, window locks, door hardware and access control systems.
Our Veenendaal site has a long and rich history, dating back to 1902. The basis for one of the two current successful core business is already established in the twenties, the forerunner of the present company started production and sales of hardware. Twenty years later, a ring lock for bicycles was introduced. This marks the start of a range of bike components, the second core activity as it is now.
Today, the range of products of Home Security contains hinges, window stays, window- and door fittings and access management. The product range of Bike Security contains bicycle locks, lighting products and chainguards. Our production facilities are based in the Netherlands, France and Poland. Our sales offices are based in the Netherlands, Germany, France, Poland and Hongkong.
Drive efforts to introduce new products as well as to improve current products within the Business Line Home Security and the Business Line Bike Security.
Strong collaboration is expected with the different teams and mainly marketing, sales, production, quality, planning, purchasing, suppliers and customers.
- Developing and constructing of new products and optimizing existing products.
- Conveying ideas and concepts.
- Creating drawings to guarantee the quality and reproducibility of products.
- Perform calculations for product definition.
- Ensure testing of products (requirements, set-up, if necessary, execute).
- Perform cost price calculation (preliminary study).
- Drafting product requirements.
- Create product samples (working closely with other departments).
- Perform competition (product) analysis.
- Ensure needed reports for the Business Lines are available where necessary (mounting instructions, tests, etc.).
- Conduct research at fairs and in the market with regards to competitor products.
- Keep up to date with latest market technologies and industry standards.
- Provide technical support to other departments within the Business Line Home and Bike Security.
- Design of products, the results of which meet requirements from the Business and Market, as well as requirements for manufacturing and cost prices.
- Responsible for supporting the effort of bringing new revenue to the company by successfully launching new significant products to manufacturing in a rapid and efficient manner.
- Is responsible for the timely delivery of their projects, the results of which meet the programs of requirements, manufacturability in production and cost prices.
- Is responsible for the correct execution of all owned activities within the project group(s).
- Is responsible for the progress of the projects carried out under their direction.
- Properly documenting and releasing CAD files and drawings in the form of Item revisions.
Education and Experiences
- Mechanical engineering at college degree level.
- 3-7 years of experience in a production environment.
- Mechatronic engineering experience.
- Experience with 3D CAD systems, preferably PTC Creo and Windchill.
- Experience working in a cross functional team, preferably at cross countries.
- Designing / constructing, creating drawings.
- 3D CAD system and supporting programs.
- Production techniques.
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of products (mechanics, use, etc.).
- Knowledge of materials.
- Standards / safety regulations / inspection/test requirements.
Competencies / Skills
- Working independently and in a team.
- Solid communication skills.
- Very well structured and able to lead a project working with different stakeholders.
- Capable of conveying ideas and concepts clearly and effectively through verbal and written communication up to final design.
- Propose innovative solutions by thinking "out of the box" keeping a balance between practical and innovative.
- Being responsible for the implementation of the activities.
- Professional, structured and ambitious.
- Striving for optimal results.
- Self-driven and results oriented.
- Language: Native Dutch and fluent English.