At Allegion, we help people around the world live, work and do business safely. With more than 25 brands sold in nearly 130 countries around the world, we specialize in security around the door and beyond: everything from residential and commercial locks, door closers and exits, steel doors and frames to access control and employee productivity systems.
In the Netherlands, AXA has long been a household name as a reliable Dutch supplier of hardware, bicycle locks and bicycle lights. Our strength lies in the absolute will to make bicycles, doors and windows more secure and we have built up a rock-solid reputation over the years.
We do this by developing bicycle lights for better visibility so that you are not only visible but can also see well ahead. We develop locks that ensure that you can leave your bike anywhere with peace of mind. And we ensure that you have a safe feeling in your own home with our good (visible) door security.
We do this from our office in Veenendaal where the brands Trelock and Kryptonite are housed. Besides Veenendaal we also have branches in France, Poland and Germany.
The Materials Manager will be responsible for all production scheduling, materials planning, materials control, materials strategy, and all materials project initiatives. In addition, this position is accountable for materials department indirect labor productivity. Key performance indicators for this position are inventory turns, on-time delivery and/or order fill rate, and days past due.
Duties and responsibilities
- Primary point of responsibility for materials management for the site.
- Ensures optimization of all materials management activities including scheduling, purchasing, inventory control, materials movement, supplier performance measurement, and indirect materials management.
- Facilitates interaction with Sourcing, Engineering, Accounting, Marketing and Quality Assurance in support of the business’s strategic goals.
- Develop and drive countermeasures for underperforming key processes and/or material suppliers.
- Provide leadership in selecting, developing and evaluating personnel to ensure the efficient operation of materials functions and Allegion’s operating goals and objectives.
- Manage suppliers, materials and inventory in a manner consistent with the requirements of a Lean Six-Sigma manufacturing environment.
- Engages in the typical responsibilities of a manager requiring planning, evaluating, organizing, integrating and delegating.
- Organize activities & assigning jobs accordingly to the staff requirements.
- Develop and implement a professional development program for materials personnel.
- Ensure alignment of the production plan to the published SIOP consensus plan.
- Drive improved supplier relationships.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Create a team building environment in which direct and indirect report can live the Allegion value
- Bachelor’s degree in business or engineering discipline.
- APICS Certification in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) (desired)
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in the integrated functions of materials management in a manufacturing environment that has embraced lean concepts, MRP manufacturing practices, and progressive supplier relationships.
- Experience in operations, inventory management, MRP and lean manufacturing processes.
- Experience with visual management systems.
- In-depth knowledge of computerized integrated information systems (manufacturing, materials management, production planning, procurement and distribution) and a superior understanding of manufacturing material flow in a plant.
- Must possess a strong customer service orientation and provide dedicated support of internal customer requirements.
- Must be a proactive change agent and possess leadership skills to build and maintain a team oriented environment while leveraging lean methodologies.
- Must have solid interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate staff and to interact with various departments throughout the organization.
- Must be a flexible, decisive and proactive problem solver.
- Must know how to influence bottom line results.
- Must be a strong communicator and possess strong organizational skills, with ability to work on multiple priorities at once.
- Must be able to work well in high pressure, fast-paced environment and be proficient at conflict resolution.
- Must be proficient in information technology systems utilized in Materials Management.
What's in it for you?
- Competitive salary
- 27 vacation days
- Dynamic work environment within an organization that is constantly evolving
- Opportunities for growth
- Access to Company Fitness Netherlands
- Profit sharing in case of good company performance