Global portfolio manager Locks
At Allegion, we help people live and work safely. With more than 25 brands sold in nearly 130 countries around the world, we specialize in security around doors and windows. At the heart of our $2 billion business is the knowledge and experience of our 9,000 dedicated employees behind our brands.
About Global Portable Security (GPS)
GPS is the business unit within Allegion that was created to bring together the recent acquisitions of AXA and Trelock with the Kryptonite brand to maximize the potential of these three leading brands in bicycle locks and lighting around the world, with offices and manufacturing locations in four continents. In addition to portable security, the AXA brand also provides security for homes and buildings, mainly in the Benelux, in the form of hinges, window levers, window closures, door locks, door hardware and access control systems.
The scale and scope of bringing these Brands together from a development, technology and supply chain perspective whilst keeping their individual respective strength and position in the markets with the consumers, retailers and IBDs (Independent Bike Dealers) offers Allegion and unique opportunity to take a leading position in the portable security Aftermarket.
The combined strength of these brands offers the OEM bike manufacturers a real partner who can offer depth in range, brand, and technology along with a versatile integrated supply chain to create real customer value and differentiation.
In your role, you are responsible for owning and driving the results of the locks portfolio. You are owning the product strategy as well as the product roadmap, product line positioning for all 3 brands and you manage your portfolio on product life cycle. You are making sure we continue our growth in our mechanical business and in the same time you accelerate our growth in intelligent solutions. You always have an outside in focus where customer experience is key. Your target groups are OEM customers as well as AM customers. You are a strategic visionaire but you also like to be part of a team, working pro actively on projects and moving things forward. All this with a strong focus on people and teambuilding. You are able to manage people in your team across the globe. You will be based on site in our office in Veenendaal.
What You Will Do:
- You define and own the Product portfolio Locks and make sure we keep a healthy growth path
- You drive and own together with your team all projects. This can be NPD projects as well as VaVe projects
- Lead the way to accelerate our growth on intelligent products
- You lead the way in our portfolio when it comes to Environment, Social and Government related topics. GPS is taking sustainability very serious and we take this into account with everything we do.
- You make sure all 3 brands(Axa, Kryptonite & Trelock) are optimal served from a productmanagement perspective so they can continue their growth in their respective markets
- You are the link between the strategic direction of the company and bringing this into practice by acting on it
- You are in intensive contact with the lead engineer, defining needed resources, priorities and future projects.
- Besides new product development you also have a strong focus on the current assortment and VaVe solutions to reduce costs.
- You are with your team in close contact with all regulations companies all over the world, making sure our products are certified for all geographic area’s where needed
- Drive innovation as an active team member on development projects:
- Represent customer & consumer point-of-view
- Own project scope, business case, and pricing
- Understand technical solutions and provide feedback/guidance as needed
What You Will Need to Succeed:
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, business or technical discipline required
- Proven strategic planning ability and track record of supporting profitable business growth.
- Proven track record of conceptualizing and executing new product launches.
- Technical knowledge sufficient to sustain strategic competence in our defined areas
- Strong business and financial acumen (including understanding of ROI, P&L Makeup, cost structures, budgets, etc.)
- Strong collaboration skills and demonstrated ability to lead effectively across functions (operations, engineering, sales, etc.)
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Ability to travel up to 33%
What do we have to offer:
- 27 vacation days
- Dynamic work environment within an organization that is constantly evolving
- Growth opportunities
- Access to company fitness and bicycle scheme